A press release is an official statement issued to news outlets giving information about a new matter regarding your company.It is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something ostensibly(stated to be true) newsworthy.Depending upon the purpose of your communication there are several types of the press release which are as follows:
- General news releases: General news releases are the most common type of press release which includes some news on the company, its achievement, its personnel, etc. to generate interest and news coverage.
- Event press releases: Event press releases are the type of press release which alerts the press about events like company anniversary, a grand opening of sales exhibition, a speech by a visiting business leader, etc.
- Launch press releases: Launch press releases is a common type of press release updating on the launch of a company project, a website, etc. which is more urgent or timely than the previous type of press release.
- Product press releases: Product press releases are the type of press release which are also timely and they are written and disseminated when your company releases a new product, or an upgraded version of the product, usually accompanied by some photos or visuals of the product or the event. Sometimes, this type of press release may also concern other issues about your product, such as awards won by your product.
- Personnel press releases: Personnel press releases are the type of press release which focuses on staff changes or new recruitments, especially at the executive level.
- Response press releases: Response press releases are the type of press release which may involve comment, feedback,clarification or follow-up on comments, complaints or appreciations made by others publicly about your company, its products or services.