Business Research Methods
BBA | BBA-BI
Old Question Paper
Year: 2012 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2012 Spring
Attempt all the questions
1. a. Define business research. How does business research contribute to business problem solving? 
b. Briefly explain the steps involved in the research process? What are the major ethical issues in business research?
2. a. Literature review is the foundation on which the researcher develops the theoretical framework for his or her research. Explain the statement.
b. Explain the difference between a stratified and systematic sampling. Give an example of stratified sampling.
What are the major factors to consider in choosing between a probability and a non-probability sampling?
3. a. Define hypothesis. Explain the importance of hypothesis for a research investigation.
b. What are the purposes of measuring reliability.Describe any two methods used to measure reliability.
4. a. Define research design. Explain the future of a developmental research design.
b. What is qualitative research? How is qualitative research design different from quantitative research design?
5. a. What is questionnaire? Describe the step in the construction of a questionnaire.
b. Define research interview. Explain the process of conducting a research interview.
6. a. What is descriptive method of data analysis? Compare it with inferential method.
b. What purposes do research report serve? What are the essentials of a good research report?
7. Write short notes on any two: [2×5]
a. Experimental research
b. Contents of a research proposal
c. Criteria of selecting a research topic