Business Research Methods
BBA | BBA-BI
Old Question Paper
Year: 2013 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2013 Spring
Attempt all the questions
1. a. What is management research? Discuss its importance in solving the managerial problems in organization with example.[4+4]
b. What is scientific thinking? How would you apply scientific thinking to understand business related problem? Illustrate. [3+4]
What ethical issues are necessary to consider in the design of a business research? Explain.
2. a. “Literature review is the point of departure for a new research”.Comment.
b. What is theoretical framework? Given a diagrammatic example of the theoretical framework.[3+4]
3 a. A valid instrument is always reliable, but a reliable instrument may not always be valid. Comment on this statement.
b. Is it possible to conduct a research study with a formal research design? Give reasons with evidence to support your argument.
4. a. What do you understand by hypotheses? Write down three researchable hypotheses and identify their dependent and independent variables. 
b. Discuss the use of descriptive and inferential statistical techniques of data analysis in business research.
5. a. What is research proposal? Discuss its basic components in brief. [2+6]
b. What are the methods of secondary data collection in management research? Give brief introduction of each. 
6. a. Discuss the use of questionnaire and interview techniques of data collection in management research with their merits in brief.[4+4]
b. What do you mean by research report? Discuss the qualities of good research report.
7. Write short notes on any two:[2×5]
a. Qualitative research design
b. Non-probability sampling
c. Data coding