Business Communication MCQ Part 2
1. The most important goal of business communication is ________
a. Organizational goodwill
b. receiver response
c. Receiver understanding
d. Favorable relationship between sender and receiver
Answer: Receiver understanding
2. Learning to communicate with others is key _______
a. eliminating all of your listeners’ physiological noise
b. never being misunderstood
c. establishing rewarding relationships
d. winning the approval of everyone around you
Answer: establishing rewarding relationships
3. A message can only be deemed effective when it is_________
a. communicated face-to-face
b. repeated back as proof of understanding
c. delivered with confidence
d. understood by others and produces the intended results
Answer: understood by others and produces the intended results
4. Which of the following is not a barrier to effective communication?
c. channel richness
Answer: channel richness
5. Horizontal communication takes place between_________
a. subordinate to superior
b. employees with same status
c. superior to subordinate
d. none of these
Answer: employees with same status
6. __________is the permanent records for business.
b. Business letters
c. Production reports
d. All of the above
Answer: Business letters
7. Body of a letter is divided into _______ parts.
8. Downward communication flows from ___________ to __________
a. Upper to lower
b. lower to upper
Answer: Upper to lower
9. The _______ body of the presentation should be broken into short and clear units.
10. _______ best describes the grapevine as a communication pattern.
11. When a group agrees to support and commit to the decision of the group, they have reached ________
a. a census
b. a consensus
c. a solution
d. an analysis
Answer: a consensus
12. The study of communication through touch is_______
13. The formal greeting with which a business letter begins is called__________
b. body copy
14. As per Newman and Summer Communication is the Exchange of_________
d. all the above
Answer: all the above
15. The handshake that conveys confidence___________
16. Appeals and representations are used in _______ communication.
17. Set off the list of Do and Don’ts by using __________
d. letter heads
18. The envelope indicated that there was, _________ but in fact there was only a letter inside
a. a sender
b. an enclosure
c. a salutation
d. an indent
Answer: an enclosure
19. Good business letters are characterized by the_______ personal quality of the writer.
20. Effective professional correspondence uses an appropriate style, clear and concise language, and _________
a. the active voice.
b. the passive voice
c. open punctuation
d. mixed punctuation
Answer: the active voice.
21. Business letters produce immediate effect because they are________
22. In block text format, you do not _____ each paragraph
23. Goals help us to __________
24. Simplicity in writing means essentially:
a. the use of simple word
c. the use of simple tense
d.the use of simple sentences
25. An effective oral presentation process follows _________ steps.
26. Our address and phone number are shown on our _______
27. Which of the following is a correct dateline for a business letter?
a. Aug 20 1998
b. August 20, 1998
c. August, 20, 1998
Answer: August 20, 1998
28. Form letters are also known as:
a. formal letters
b. bad news letters
c. circular letters
d. persuasive sales letters.
Answer: persuasive sales letters.
29. The _________ of business letter is called layout.
d. all the above
30. Communication is the task of imparting __________