Computer Science Course Syllabus
- Grade 11 (Com. 231)
- Grade 12 (Com. 232)
The world has witnessed a radical change in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) recently and this process is still going on. The relevance of computer education has been increasing day by day. Realizing the same the curriculum of computer science for Grades 11 and 12 has been developed according to the National Curriculum Framework, 2076.
The study of this course will help the students to enter the job market. This will also provide the basis for the students to pursue their further study in the field. This curriculum comprises an introduction to basic computer systems, the basic number system and Boolean logic, computer software and operating systems, application packages, multimedia, and networks.
It also includes content on web technology, programming, information security and cyber law, digital society and computer ethics, and recent trends in ICT. The course itself is of a practical nature and the pedagogical approaches in delivering the course should consider the balance between theory and practice.
The same applies in the case of student evaluation procedures too. The curriculum has been divided to different sections: level-wise competencies, grade-wise learning outcomes, scope and sequence of contents with their elaboration, some indication of the learning facilitation process, and student assessment.
- 1. Relate principles of computer systems including input, process, output and storage devices, Boolean logic, and number system.
- 2. Use operating systems, word processors, and spreadsheets and apply it in real-life and educational contexts.
- 3. Design a website using new web technologies.
- 4. Demonstrate the programming concept and logic in the software development process.
- 5. Use Database concepts in the basic SQL level.
- 6. Apply networking concept to LAN and wireless networks.
- 7. Define the OOPs concept and trace the recent trends of technological enhancement in the 21st century.