Fundamentals of Sociology
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2005 | Semester: Fall
Exam 2005 Fall
1. a. What is Perspective? Discuss the major perspective of sociology. 
b. Define Sociology and discuss the importance of sociology in management. 
2. a. Define culture. Discuss elements and functions of culture. 
b. Define institution. Describe the marriage practices in Nepal. 
3. a. What do you mean by organization? Discuss the key features of bureaucracy. 
b. Define education. Critically examine the strength and weakness of education system in Nepal. 
4. a. Define stratification. Discuss as to how the various dimensions of social stratification affect inequality. 
b. Discuss with suitable example as to how social movements bring social change. 
5. a. Is socialization essential for the development of individual’s personality? Discuss. 
b. Define family and discuss the nature of the changes in family ties in Nepali society. 
6. a. Define Business ethics. Discuss the nature of social responsibility with suitable examples. 
b. What is negotiation? Discuss the process of negotiation. 
7. Write short notes on (Any Two): [2×5=10]
a. Gender and women.
b. Ethnocentrism and cultural relativism.
c. Social Control
d. Managers and workers relationship.