Fundamentals of Sociology
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2006 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2006 Spring
1. a. Define the term Sociology. “Sociology is the study of society”. Discuss. 
Discuss the scope of sociology. Is Sociology a general science or a special science?
b. Analyse the current political problem of Nepal on the basis of Karl Marx’s conflict perspective. 
2. a. Define socialization. “Socialization is a process that begins at birth and continues till the death bed of a person.” Illustrate your answer. [3+5]
b. What is social control? Briefly describe the informal means of social control. [2+5]
3. Answer Any Three: [5×3=15]
a. “Culture is what we are, civilization is what we have”. Comment.
b. Define community. What are the basic elements of community?
c. Individuals and society are inter-dependent. Discuss.
d. Describe the influence of values in individuals.
4. a. Define social stratification. In the perspective of Nepal, how is social stratification changing from caste to class system? 
b. Define religion. Describe the functionalist perspective of religion. 
5. a. What do you understand by Social Interaction Theory? Briefly discuss Mead’s Theory of Social Interaction. 
b. Define Education. How can Education System help in the proper functioning of a society? Discuss. 
6. a. What is marriage? Briefly discuss the different types of marriages practised. 
b. Examine the effects of technological factors in social change. 
What is the viewpoint of conflict approach to change?
7. Write short notes (Any Two): [2×5=10]
a. Formal organization
c. Ethnocentrism in groups