Fundamentals of Sociology
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2008 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2008 Spring
1. a. Sociology is popularly known as the “science of society”. Discuss. 
Explain the scientific method and limitations in sociology.
b. What is the significance of sociology business management? Elaborate with possible examples. 
2. What is perspective? Critically examine the three major perspectives in sociology. 
3. Answer any three questions: [3×5]
a. “Individual and society are interdependent”. Explain.
b. What do you understand by human culture? Describe its basic characteristics in brief.
c. Analyse Wax Weber’s theory of bureaucracy.
d. Differentiate between primary and secondary social groups.
4. a. What is marriage? Briefly describe the different types of marriage.
b. What are the key features of democracy? Examine the strengths and weaknesses of democracy with reference to the present context of Nepal. 
5. a. What is personality? Illustrate the role of socialization in personality development. 
b. Discuss the main consequences of gender inequality in the context of Nepal. 
6. a. What is social control? Explain the agencies of social control? 
b. Give your opinion on conflict approach to social change. 
“Technology is one of the causal factors of social change”. Clarify.
7. Write short notes on (Any Two) [2×5=10]
b. Merton’s type of Anomic
c. Functions of Religion