Fundamentals of Sociology
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2011 | Semester:Spring
Exam 2011 Spring
1. a. Define sociology. Discuss the features and scope of sociology. 
b. What are the emerging theoretical perspectives in sociology? Discuss. 
2. a. How are social groups formed? What are the factors enforcing group formation? 
Define primary groups. What is the difference between primary and secondary groups?
b. “Sociological knowledge can enhance the ability of a manager to analyse the organizational issues in a better way.” Justify. 
3. a. Define culture. What are the important elements of culture? 
b. What is bureaucracy? Discuss the basic characteristics of Weber’s theory of bureaucracy. 
4. a. What is socialization? Explain the role of socialization in personality formation. 
b. Explain the concept of social stratification. Describe the various forms social stratification in the context of Nepal. 
5. a. Describe briefly the various types of economic system. What are their main features?
What is religion? Describe the functional approach to religion.
b. Discuss the major factors influencing marriage system in the context of Nepal. 
6. a. Define social change. Analyze the conflict approach to social change. 
b. What is social control? Describe the agencies of social control. 
7. Write short notes on any two: [2×5=10]
a. Society and community
b. Social organizations
c. sacred and profane