Fundamentals of Sociology
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2014 | Semester:Spring
Exam 2014 Spring
Attempt all the questions.
1. a. Define sociology. Explain its importance in the field of business and management. 
b. Discuss the use of functionalism perspective to understand management problem within the organization with its basic assumptions. 
2. a. Explain the similarities and differences between society and community. 
b. Elaborate the concept of organization. Distinguish institutions from organization with appropriate examples. 
3. a. Define family with its characteristics. Discuss the changing functions of family in present day Nepali society with suitable illustrations.
b. Discuss the conflict and functional view of education with examples.
4. a. Define primary socialization with the reference of Freud, Mead Cooley and piaget .
b. Discuss the concept of socialization and explain briefly the stages of socialization. 
5. a. Explain social stratification. Give distinction between social stratification and differentiation with the references to Nepali society. 
b. Distinguish between crime and deviance with appropriate examples. Discuss briefly agents of social control. 
6. a. Define social change. Explain the casual factors of social change with .
b. What do you mean by personality development? Discuss the determining factors of personality development. 
7. Write short notes on any two:[2×5=10]
a. Social sanction and conformity