BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2014 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2014 Spring
Section “A [10 x2]
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions
1. Mention any three misconceptions about psychology?
2. What is perceptual distortion?
3. Define conformity ?
4. What is endocrine system?
5. How is memory related to brain?
6. State the individual in intelligence on the basis of I.Q.
7. Give any three causes of stress.
8. Differentiate between common sense and psychology.
9. What is neural impulse?
10. Give two examples of prototype.
Section “B” [6 x 10]
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions
11. what is social influence? How prejudices are originated? What are the techniques that can reduce them? Explain.
12. Defne problem solving. Explain the various elements of thinking.
13 What do you understand by memory? Explain memorization process and the causes of forgetting?
14. Define personality. Explain Freudian theory personality.
15. How is behavior studied through experimental method? What are its advantages and disadvantages? Explain.
16. What seperant conditioning learning? How can it be used in strengthening and weakening behavior?
17. Define attude.Explain how attitudes are formed along its types.
Section “C” 
18. Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
Rajesh is 25 years old. The first full time job he got during last summer break after completing his bachelor level was a clerical job in a large office. He had to take his job to support his study further. He found the job most tedious and boring. He had to arrive every morning at 9 am and stay there up to 5 pm. His duty consisted of filling various letters and forms. Everyday, he had to stand for hours in front of a long line of file cabinets. He soon discovered that he could finish the work in about three hours and remain the whole day doing nothing.
This resulted him to leam to work in slow motion and to turn off attention so that he could stand there after hours like the clock laboriously tick away the minutes. The only thing he enjoyed was his lunch and tiffin breaks Since he needed money for his further education, he had
stick to it.
His salary was 15,000 per month. For that, he was expected to be there at times to stay unt 5pm .There is another college student who was a year senior of him in the college. He soon noticed that the guy rarely arrived in time and often disappeared for hours in the middle of the day. The guy was paid 1000- more than he was Rajesh felt insulted. Does a years seniority qualify that guy for so many perks? How can Rajesh get along in this condition? He also found that the guy was a son of a local politician. This made Rajesh more serious and the remaining motivation he had few out of window.
a. What kind molivaton does Rajesh have in the case?
b. Explain the factors related to the work motivaton?
c. What are the wrong aspects associated with the job of Rajesh and explain them?
d. What would you do if you had been head section Rajesh is working in?