Management of Human Resources
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2014 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2013 Spring
Attempt all the questions
1) a.What is human resource management? How does personnel management differs from human resource management? 
b. Define the major forces challenging HRM in today’s organizations. What role do the HR have to play to cope with these challenges?
2) a. What is human resource information system? What categories of information are available from the human resource information system?
b. Why is human resource planning important in modern organizations? Describe the HR planning process?
3) a. Job design is a crucial activity of HRM. Any negligence or mistake if committed will undoubtedly curse the organization. The impact of job design on motivation, productivity and quality of work life are even more immense. In the context mentioned above,discuss the basis and approaches that you would follow for job design.
Why it is necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of training? State the methods needed to measure such effectiveness.
b.What do you mean by socialization? Why is socialization necessary for an organization?
4) a. What is career development? Why is it important in an organization?
b. What kind of disciplinary problems arises in orgartizations? What actions can be taken in order to minimize these problems?
5) a. Briefly describe the emerging concepts and issues in performance appraisal.
b. Define compensation. Explain the emerging concepts and issues in compensation.
6) a.Do you think the workplace today is stressful than in the past. Identify the sources of stress in organizations.
b.Define employee grievances. What are the grievance procedures in a unionized firm?
“Industrial relations is a triangular relation among employee, employer and the government for the economic prosperity of a country”. Justify.
7) Write short notes on any two:[2×5]
a. Spirituality in the workplace
b. Occupational health and safety
c. Labour legislation in Nepal