Management of Human Resources
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2015 | Semester: Spring
Exam 2015 Spring
Attempt all the questions
1 ) a. What is human resource management? How does personnel management differ from human resource management? 
b. Discuss the changing roles and responsibilities of human resource management in Nepalese organization? What new roles do you expect human resource management departments to deliver to cope with future HRM challenges?
2) a. What do you mean by human resource planning? Explain the techniques of human resource demand forecasting.
b. What are the differences between recruitment and employee selection? Explain the steps involved in employee selection.
3) a. Distinguish between on-the-job and off-the-job methods of training. Describe how training needs evolve.[3+5]
b. Define job stress. “Today’s workplace is more stressful than in the past.” Justify the statement describing the various sources of stress in today’s organizations.
4) a. Why do organization use performance appraisal? Explain the factors that can distort appraisal.
b. Why health & safety issue are important in today’s workplace? What are the different health and safety provisions made by Labor Act of Nepal 2048?[3+5]
5) a. What is compensations? Explain the different types of retirement benefits offered by Nepalese organizations.
b. Define job Evaluation.Explain any three methods of job evaluation.
6) a. Describe briefly grievance procedure? Also discuss why this process is important for an organization?
b. Who are the actors of Industrial Relations (IR)? Explain the current situation of IR in Nepal?
Explain the Labour Legislation in Nepal along with its important provisions.
7) Write short notes on any two:[2×5=10]
- Job description