Principles of Marketing
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2006 | Semester:Fall
Attempt All the questions
1. a. Define marketing and discuss the marketing management philosophies in brief. 
b. As a marketing manager, discuss how you would manage the internal environmental force that exists in marketing environment.
2. a. Define market segmentation. State and explain the behavioural variables which could be used as a basis for market segmentation.
b. How should a manager work on media selection for effective advertising? Discuss.
3. a. Discuss various steps involved in consumer buying process and explain how the social and cultural factors influence the buying behaviour.
Define service marketing and discuss how you would plan marketing strategies for a service company.
4. a. How would you develop a new product for a company, discuss.
b. What is Promotion? Distinguish push v/s pull strategy of promotion. [2+5]
5. a. What is pricing and as a marketing manager, discuss how you will implement various pricing approaches for better pricing of your products.
Define logistics and distribution. Discuss about various levels and functions of distribution channels.
6. a. “Positioning is a mind game”. Discuss this statement with to its implementation in marketing in marketing.
b. What is research? What is its use marketing decisions?
7. Write short notes on (Any Two);[2×5=10]
- Marketing Mix
- Personal Selling
- Relationship Marketing
- Branding and Packaging