Principles of Marketing
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2006 | Semester: Spring
Attempt All the questions
1. a. Define marketing. Discuss some of the challenges marketers are facing today in the context of Nepal.
b. What is customer relationship management (CRM)? Why is it so important? Discuss.
2. a. What are the micro environmental forces that affect a company’s ability to serve its customer? Explain each briefly.
b. Define marketing information system (MIS)? Describe the major functions of MIS. 
3. a. Define consumer behaviour. Discuss some of the key factors that affect the buyer’s behaviour.
b. Discuss briefly different types of target market strategies.
4. a. If you are assigned to develop a new product in your company what process will you follow. Elucidate.
b. What is product? Explain each stage of product life cycle.
5. a. What are the differences between cost-based pricing and value- based pricing? Discuss.
b. Explain the importance of marketing channel and their key functions. 
6. a. Define direct marketing. What are the benefits of the direct marketing? Discuss.
b. What are the four major decisions that have to be undertaken by the marketers when developing advertising program. Explain.
7. Write short notes on (Any Two): [2×5]
- Channel conflict
- Cost plus pricing
- Micro environmental factors of marketing