Principles of Marketing
BBA | BBA-BI | BBA-TT | BCIS | BHCM
Old Question Paper
Year: 2011 | Semester:Fall
Attempt All the questions
1. a. Define marketing concept and explain its four fundamental principles.
b. How does the economic environment influence the delign of the marketing mix? Explain with examples.
2. a. How does marketing research differs from marketing intelligence?
b. Describe the major psychological factors irfluencing the buying decisions of a consumer.
3. a. Explain the concept and importance of product positioning in modern marketing. 
b. Describe any four criteria used in evaluating a market segment.
4. a. What is a brand? Explain any four characteristics of a good brand.
b. How does a service product differs from a physical good? Explain the concepts of service differentiation and service quality.
5. a. Explain the value-based pricing approach with examples from Nepal.
b. What are the key channel functions? How channel disputes arise and how are they resolved?
6. a. What is promotion mix? When do marketing firms launch sales promotions? 
b. Explain any four considerations in selecting advertising media.
7. Write short notes on any two:[2×5=10]
- Push versus pull strategy
- Transactional versus relationship marketing
- Packaging decisions