Types of Business Letter
Types of Letter in Business Communication
How to create a business letter?
Business Letter Format | Business letter writing
Business letters are the written, typed, or printed messages sent in an envelope by post or messenger usually to receipts outside an organization for some specific business purpose.Letters promote the preservation of communication between both parties; they may bring friends or relatives closer together, enrich professional relationships and provide a means of self-expression. Letters contribute to the protection and conservation of literacy.Letter writing leads to the mastery of the technique of good writing and can provide an extension of the face-to-face therapeutic encounter.The different types of business letters are as follows:
- Acknowledgment Letters: A type of letter which is sent to acknowledge the receipt of items or inquiries from someone(individual, individuals or an organization) are called acknowledgment letter.Simply we can say that acknowledgment letter is a written or printed communication addressed to a person, company, etc. for recognition of another’s authority, existence, right, validity, etc., usually sent by post in an envelope.You can find a charitable contribution acknowledgement letter sample on google and can write it too.In this growing technology you can use acknowledgement email for sending message and we can receive acknowledgement email reply.
- Apology Letters: Apology letter is a type of letter which is generally written to say sorry or simply a way of expressing regret towards a past action or occurrence with the sincere objective to rectify them.It reflects our honesty and sincerity as they are used to convey that you accept the responsibility for the mistakes.In an organization,apology email to client is written with the use of technological devices and also apology email to customer is also written.3. Appreciation Letters: Appreciation Letter is a type of letter generally written by senior level staff to lower level staff to convey gratitude for some appreciable thing they have done and to motivate junior staffs.These are warm and positive letters of goodwill thanking someone for his or her favors, kindness, or activities that deserve appreciation.In an organization appreciation letter to employee for good performance is written.Along with the appreciation letters, appreciation mail and appreciation email for good work are also forwarded.4. Circular Letters: Circular Letter is a type of letter that is sent to a closed group of people with the intention of being widely circulated.Companies generally use circular letters to offer products and services for sale, convey information about new facilities, or notify about some development within the organization which reach to the potential customer as serves as important tool of advertisements.
5. Complaint Letters: Complaint Letter is a very specific and objective type of letter is generally written to deal with a problem situation when other attempts (phone contacts, e-mails, etc) have failed to rectify the situation.Complaint letter need to be responded promptly.
6. Confirmation Letters: Confirmation Letter is a formal letter that follows to the verbal agreement made between two parties to ensure that the parties in the conversation have a written statement of what was agreed.It helps to avoid the misunderstandings that may arise later.Emails are popularly used to transmit confirmation letters.
7. Cover Letters: Cover Letter is a type of letter that is submitted with a job application explaining the applicant’s credentials and interest in the open position.They are brief messages explaining what has been attached or enclosed with the mail.
8. Inquiry Letters: Inquiry Letter is a type of letter that is written to individuals or companies to request information and/or ascertain its authenticity regarding such as the supply of particular goods or services.They briefly and clearly state the details from a service seeker’s or buyer’s perspective.
9. Order Letters: Order Letter is a type of letter that is generally written when the company orders goods or services to buy from another company.Individual may also write order letter if they are placing an order to buy something from the firm.
10. Payment Request letters: Payment Request letter is a type of letter written by the organization to the customers who have payment past due to remind them that they should pay the dues by certain specific date.
11. Recommendation Letters: Recommendation Letter is a type of letter generally written to recommend someone for a job or position.It is also called reference letter in which the writer assesses the qualities, characteristics, and capabilities of the person being recommended in terms of that individual’s ability to perform a particular task.
12. Sales Letters: Sales Letters is a direct order letter which is generally written to persuade the reader to purchase a particular product or service in the absence of a salesman.It can be longer than a page because it includes details about certain products or services.To influence and win customers, a sales letter is written from the audience perspective.
13. Standard Letters: Standard Letter is a type of letter written by a company or organization to send a reply or general information to many correspondents.Many business letters involve similar formats and subject matters covering various routine business activities.For efficiency and to save time may companies have developed standard letter which can be developed from pre-existing format.
15. Resignation Letters: Resignation Letter is a shortest formal type of letter generally if somebody is quitting a job, or intent to leave a position currently held, such as an office, employment or commission.It is simple, clear and includes the date when you are leaving.