Business Studies Course Syllabus
- Grade 11 (Bus. 215)
- Grade 12 (Bus. 216)
Business Studies is a broad subject in the social sciences, allowing the in-depth study of a range of specialties such as accountancy, finance, organization, human resource management, and marketing. To serve the same, the curriculum of this subject for Grades 11 and 12 has been prepared in line with the National Curriculum Framework-2076 to prepare the students for the job market and for higher studies.
The main thrust of the course is to provide knowledge and skills to the students about management and its functions related to business. Establishing a proper linkage with the fundamental orientation of the attributes of Business Studies, this course also aims to impart in-depth knowledge so as to equip the students with workable tools and techniques of management that ensure the growth, success, and sustainability of the business.
Besides, the course aims to impart adequate knowledge and skills in drafting business letters. The curriculum also addresses some emerging issues of management. The value addition of this course is to prepare and enable the students to formulate business plans.
The content of the business studies of Grades 11 and 12, thus, is a blend of theory and practice of different aspects of business management. The curriculum includes the level-wise competencies, grade-wise learning outcomes, scope and sequence of contents along with the working hours, learning facilitation process, some suggested project activities, and student assessment process.
2. Level-wise Competencies
By the end of the grade 12, the students will have the following competencies.
- 1. Explain the foundational knowledge of business, including principles and practices of business management.
- 2. Identify the ground realities on the operational aspects of business.
- 3. Describe key functional areas of business management.
- 4. Identify key management functions of a business organization.
- 5. Demonstrate necessary skills to carry out business and office operations independently.
- 6. Develop creative behavior to implement noble ideas on business.
- 7. Draft business letters.
- 8. Prepare a business plan.
- Nepali Legal System Course Syllabus – Grade 12 (Nls. 110) | NEB Syllabus
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theories Course Syllabus – Grade 11(Jlt.107) | NEB Syllabus
- Hospitality Management Course Syllabus – Grade 11 &12 | NEB Management Syllabus
Source: Curriculum Development Centre (http://moecdc.gov.np/en/curriculum)