Hospitality Management Course Syllabus
- Grade 11 ( Course Code: Hom. 125)
- Grade 12 ( Course Code: Hom. 126)
Hospitality today is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. It is definitely an industry of the future. The hospitality industry has tremendous contributions to the global economy. It is a global industry and also offers huge employment opportunities around the world. Hospitality education plays a major role in preparing students to gain professional and practical skills required by the hospitality industry.
Therefore, this course of hospitality management for classes 11 and 12 of secondary education is designed to impart the fundamental knowledge of hospitality management. This course makes students familiarize themselves with the different aspects of the hospitality industry, its interrelationships with other sectors of the tourism industry and its operation.
The course of hospitality management specifically focuses on the basic concept of hospitality and its operational aspects. The word ‘hospitality’ is not only related to a hotel but the whole service industry. So, this course offers an overview of the hospitality and tourism industry, its growth and development, industry segments and their distinguishing characteristics, trends and current concerns, career opportunities, and the employability skills needed to succeed in specific hospitality fields.
This course also offers the basic concept of the hospitality market and marketing, hospitality management, hotel operations, and the hospitality industry in Nepal. The curriculum has been divided into different sections: level-wise competencies, grade-wise learning outcomes, scope and sequence of contents with their elaboration, some indication of the learning facilitation process, and student assessment.
After completion of the study of Hospitality Management, a secondary level elementary course of classes 11 and 12, student will be able to;
- 1. Develop the knowledge about the key factors responsible for the growth and development of hospitality and tourism.
- 2. Identify the nature and importance of hospitality and hospitality services.
- 3. Perform the basic management functions in hospitality industry and arrange tour and manage hotel accommodation for the guests independently.
- 4. Deliver services properly to the guest in different departments of hotel.
- 5. Acknowledge the current trends and challenges faced by the hospitality and tourism industry.
- 6. Explore possible career paths in hospitality industry.
- 7. Identify hospitality products and perform their marketing.
- 8. Evaluate the role of branding in hospitality industry.
- English Course Syllabus – Grade 11 (Eng. 003) and 12 (Eng. 004) | NEB Management Syllabus
- Source: Curriculum Development Centre (http://moecdc.gov.np/en/curriculum)