Jurisprudence and Legal Theories Course Syllabus
- Grade: 11
- Subject code: Jlt.107
Jurisprudence is considered as an indispensable subject for the study of any law course. It includes principles, methods, and processes to study law; and conceptualizes the underlying philosophy and thoughts of any law. The teaching of jurisprudence is vital for the enhancement of the capacity of students towards realistic interpretation of the provisions of law.
This curriculum, which embodies underlying principles, theories, and concepts of law, is introduced primarily with a view to impart to students foundational knowledge on principles, theories, and concepts of law. Through this curriculum, students will practically be able to know about law and its importance, its sources and significance in society, and; making and enforcing institutions of law.
Contents in the subject have been selected in such a way that it will cater to skills of understanding legal systems and uses in legal practices to the students even in the changed context and situation of the legal system in the country.
It incorporates the level-wise competencies, grade-wise learning outcomes, scope and sequence of contents, suggested practical/project activities, learning facilitation process, and assessment strategies so as to enhance the learning on the subject systematically.
At the end of this course, the students will have developed the following competencies:
- 1. Explain the importance, definition, and types of law.
- 2. Discuss several legal thoughts and concepts which are in use in the field of the study of law.
- 3. Explain general principles and legal thoughts including certain underlying principles which collectively constitute the subject jurisprudence.
- 4. Distinguish between Eastern and Western legal thoughts and practices.
- 5. Demonstrate understanding of various legal concepts and their implications in understanding of the regime and basis of various legal concepts prevalent in Nepal.
- 6. Illustrate and interpret various legal concepts and their implications in understanding of the regime and basis of various legal concepts prevalent in Nepal.
- 7. Explain and analyze the judicial institutions and their functions from the standpoint of upholding the notion of justice.
- English Course Syllabus – Grade 11 (Eng. 003) and 12 (Eng. 004) | NEB Management Syllabus
- Hospitality Management Course Syllabus – Grade 11 &12 | NEB Management Syllabus
- Source: Curriculum Development Centre (http://moecdc.gov.np/en/curriculum)